What you will need:
1 pkg. crescent rolls (Or canned biscuits)
1 large marshmallow for each crescent roll
½ cup butter, melted
Cinnamon /Sugar mixture
Depending upon the age of your children, read or teach through Matthew 26-27. Then start this activity.
2. Hand everyone a crescent roll triangle or biscuit. (The dough represents the tomb.)
3. Give everyone a marshmallow. (Representing Jesus.)
4. Dip the marshmallows in melted butter. (Representing the embalming oils.)
5. Dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon sugar. (Representing the spices used to anoint Jesus’ body.)
6. Wrap the marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll. Seal it well. (just as Jesus was tightly sealed in the tomb.)
7. Place the rolls in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (Representing the time Jesus was burried in the tomb.)
By rising from the dead, Jesus proved once and for all that He IS the Messiah, the Savior of the World, the Chosen One, and the Lamb of God. By dying on the cross and rising from the dead, Jesus did what no other had ever done before. As both God and man, He overcame sin, death, and hell.
And now because of what Jesus has done, these things no longer have any power over those who believe in Jesus and allow His Spirit to lead and direct them. Rather than being slaves to sin and death, Christians ( those who love and believe in Jesus) are free to obey God and do good ( Romans 6:17-18). The Bible says in John 8:36, “If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.”