From its beautiful color to it’s wonderful taste,
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – Yum! Yum! (Starbucks) *Pinching pennies? Buy Pumpkin Pie Creamer (International Delight) at any grocery store and make your own!
- Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses – New this year (Target)
- Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Lotions & Soaps – (Bath & Body Works) *Buy the anti-bacterial pumps for your kitchen and bathrooms, they smell great!
- Pumpkin Spice Potpourri by Aromatique – (Dillards) *This potpourri is a little pricey yet keeps its smell longer than most…
- Pumpkins & Gourds – Find these at any grocery store, or you can find the artificial kind at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. *Buy some real and some artificial, mix with leaves and pinecones, this makes a great center piece
- Pumpkin dip – 1 block Softened Cream Cheese, ½ Can pumpkin, 1 cup powdered sugar, I teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ginger. (Combine all ingredients & chill) (Serve with cinnamon graham crackers and gingersnaps. Looks great on a leaf or pumpkin tray) *The above recipe is taken from “Taste of Autumn” cookbook by Gooseberry Patch (Cracker Barrell)
My last pumpkin recommendation is a book called, “The Pumpkin Patch Parable” by Liz Curtis Higgs.
You know we live in a world full of sin and darkness yet God in His goodness can use something as simple as a smiling Jack O’ Lantern to teach children (and adults) the simple concept of His wonderful plan of salvation.
This book compares us to a pumpkin. Our sin is the “yucky, slimy stuff” inside the pumpkin that only God can clean out. After cleaning out the sin, God gives us a new face. Once we have Jesus in our hearts, we are full of His light and can be a light to others. This is a beautiful picture of God’s grace and the change that makes us new! You can find this book at any Christian bookstore.
So “carve out” some time this weekend and take your family to a pumpkin patch (a great photo-op by the way). Well, I must go (I’m about to turn into a PUMPKIN!)….
Happy Friday, TTFN!