It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… (well, at least on the inside of our house!) We have been so focused on unpacking and setting up our house, I am just now able to think about focusing on Christmas. This time last year, the tree had been up for a few weeks already, and I was almost fully prepared. This year, I’m just starting. But it’s going to be a fun and full month, and I’m looking forward to every minute of it. I hope you are too!
This was a favorite post from my friend, Amy, and it’s full of wisdom I’m planning on employing this year. Chime in and share what works for you, too!
I sure have missed you friends. It’s my deepest desire to take an afternoon and catch up with every one of you. One of these days… Until then, I send you my love~
Seven Sanity Savers for the Season
Need a little help during the busiest month of the year? Give these Sanity Savers a try:
1. Play Holiday music when you’re at home and in your car. It’s a mood elevator. (And, NO TV!… Stay away from watching TV because it’s a time stealer!)
2. Get sleep and use your time wisely. Run errands as little as possible, and only early in the morning. (WalMart is empty at 7am.) Wrap your gifts as you buy them. Don’t wait until Christmas Eve!
3. Do a good deed everyday – it will put you in the best mood! Examples: Give extra to the Salvation Army Bell Ringer; buy a coffee / drink for the person behind you in line or at the drive thru; give unexpected money to someone in need.
4. Be the nicest to your own family! Be as kind to those who live in your house as you are to everyone else.
5. Don’t Panic – Christmas comes and goes every year. No one really remembers the meal or gift. The experiences are what make the memories.
6. Don’t eat junk food all day and wonder why you have a headachce (I’m speaking to myself on that one!). Try to make balanced food choices each day.
7. Let’s hear from you on this one! I combined a few of the ideas in order to leave a space for YOU to share your Sanity Saver idea. So, leave a comment, and help us all save our sanity this Christmas Season. 🙂
Merry Christmas and have a great month! TTFN…