Do you need some encouragement today? Sometimes this life is just plain hard, isn’t it? It’s been said that we are either in the midst of a storm, just coming out of a storm, or about to head into one. (Umm… not very encouraging, is it?)
I’ve been studying 2 Timothy this summer and one theme that is repeated over and over is the truth that as long as we live on this earth, we will suffer. This is a fact.
But here’s another fact: We don’t struggle alone. When Jesus Christ is our Rock, Hope, and Joy… HE is the One who will not only strengthen and sustain us, but HE will eventually bring some beauty from the ashes.
Here’s the key: As we wait on Him to work on our behalf, we must keep our eyes focused upward on Jesus, and downward in His Word.
If you need some encouragement today, here are 15 Bible verses that have made all the difference in my own seasons of suffering. May the Lord use his Word to strengthen and encourage you as you soak in His Words.
- “But He knows the way that I take [He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it]. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold [pure and luminous].” Job 23:10 (Amp)
- “I lay down and slept; I wakened again. for the Lord sustains me.” Psalm 3:5 (Amp)
- “For He knows our frame. He earnestly remembers and imprints on His heart that we are dust.” Psalm 103:14 (Amp)
- “O My Strength, I will watch and give heed to you and sing praises; for God is my Defense (my Protector and High Tower). My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me…” Psalm 59:9-10 (Amp)
- “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), But He has given us a Spirit of Power and of Love and of Calm and Well Balanced Mind and Discipline and Self-control.” 2 Tim. 1:7 (Amp)
- “But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory (making us conquerors) through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57 (Amp)
- “By the help of God I will praise His word.” Psalm 56:4 (Amp)
- “Your God has commanded your strength [your might in His service and impenetrable hardness to temptation]. O God, display Your might and strengthen what You have wrought for us!” Psalm 68:8 (Amp)
- “The LORD is good, a strong Refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7 (NLT)
- “Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (Amp)
- “But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You.” Psalm 55:23 (Amp)
- “As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is flawless. He is a Shield for all who take refuge in Him.” Psalm 18:30 (NIV)
- “The One who called you is completely dependable. If He said it, He’ll do it.”
1 Thes 5:24 (The Message)
- “In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, He brings the knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God.” 2 Cor. 2:14-16 (The Message)
- “Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know Him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.” Hosea 6:3 (NLT)
May the Lord strengthen you and use His Word to help you continue to put one foot in front of the other. I’m praying for you~