As I watch the news and Twitter feeds and pay attention to those around me, this one thing I know: Harvey-caused or not, many people are either literally and/or figuratively flooded right now. How about you?
Are you overwhelmed by the flood of life’s circumstances?
Do you need some encouragement today?
Are you dry and thirsty for a Word from the Lord or a reminder that He loves you and is concerned about every detail of your life and what you are walking through at this very moment? Do you need to know that God is actively working on your behalf, even if evidence of His work is currently hidden?
If so… then this post is for you! If you have faced a tremendous storm lately or are in the midst of one right now, may these Truths from your Good and Sovereign Lord quench and strengthen your parched hearts.
I pray that God will use His Word to remind you that God is as beautifully faithful today as He was during a “happier” time of your life. And, He is as faithful today as He was in the beginning – and as He will be tomorrow!
Trust Him, my friends. And let His peace and presence wash over you as you bask in these 15 Bible Verses to Encourage You. I’m praying for you~
- “But He knows the way that I take [He has concern for it, appreciates, and pays attention to it]. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as refined gold [pure and luminous].” Job 23:10 (Amp)
- “I lay down and slept; I wakened again. for the Lord sustains me.” Psalm 3:5 (Amp)
- “For He knows our frame. He earnestly remembers and imprints on His heart that we are dust.” Psalm 103:14 (Amp)
- “O My Strength, I will watch and give heed to you and sing praises; for God is my Defense (my Protector and High Tower). My God in His mercy and steadfast love will meet me…” Psalm 59:9-10 (Amp)
- “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), But He has given us a Spirit of Power and of Love and of Calm and Well Balanced Mind and Discipline and Self-control.” 2 Tim. 1:7 (Amp)
- “But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory (making us conquerors) through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57 (Amp)
- “By the help of God I will praise His word.” Psalm 56:4 (Amp)
- “Your God has commanded your strength [your might in His service and impenetrable hardness to temptation]. O God, display Your might and strengthen what You have wrought for us!” Psalm 68:8 (Amp)
- “The LORD is good, a strong Refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.” Nahum 1:7 (NLT)
- “Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). Psalm 55:22 (Amp)
- “But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You.” Psalm 55:23 (Amp)
- “As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the Lord is flawless. He is a Shield for all who take refuge in Him.” Psalm 18:30 (NIV)
- “The One who called you is completely dependable. If He said it, He’ll do it.”
1 Thes 5:24 (The Message)
- “In the Messiah, in Christ, God leads us from place to place in one perpetual victory parade. Through us, He brings the knowledge of Christ. Everywhere we go, people breathe in the exquisite fragrance. Because of Christ, we give off a sweet scent rising to God.” 2 Cor. 2:14-16 (The Message)
- “Oh, that we might know the LORD! Let us press on to know Him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.” Hosea 6:3 (NLT)
Clinging to the Lord and to each of these truths with you…
PS: Don’t want to miss another Smelling Coffee blog post? Just enter your address below.