Do you remember Amy’s Fall Mix? This is that, but with red, pink, and white ingredients… perfect to toss together and share with friends, family, teachers, coworkers, and anyone else you want to bless during this “season of love.”
Amy’s Valentine Mix looks especially pretty presented individually in crisp cellophane bags or half-pint jars wrapped in red or pink ribbons! The possibilities are endless. The mix is addictive. The recipients will be elated. Just trust me on this and try it for yourself…. you may have to make TWO batches – one for YOU and one to share. 😉
To make it an extra meaningful gift to yourself or others, add a tag or label with a Scripture verse about the incredible LOVE of God toward us. One of my favorites is Zephaniah 3:17 in the New Living Translation:
For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a Mighty Savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With His love, He will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
Isn’t that beautiful and wonderful???
OK… here’s the recipe. Brace yourselves…
Amy’s Valentine Mix
- Sam’s Choice brand Indulgent Mix (from Wal Mart)
- Valentine colored M&MS – both plain and peanut
- Valentine pink candy corns
- dry roasted peanuts
- Craisens – I used the blueberries this time
- Chocolate covered raisins
- Sugar Babies (the store was out – so I left theses out)
- Toffee peanuts (if you want)
- Anything else you want to add would be fine. Just don’t add anything like cereal or pretzels. The mixture retains a bit of moisture because of the raisins in the indulgent mix, and pretzels, etc. tend to get soggy over time.
That’s it! Mix, enjoy, and share. 🙂
PS: Don’t want to miss another Smelling Coffee blog post? Just enter your address below.
(Be sure to check your inbox for a note from me and to verify your email address.) No spam, I promise… Only encouraging words of Faith, Family, Food, Fun, and Living Life brewed in the fragrance of the knowledge of Jesus Christ in every place. 🙂